Info for Fiddle Event Organizers
MSOTFA is dedicated to assisting and encouraging people and communities who want to sponsor and run fiddle contests. These events are part of a time-honored Missouri tradition going back generations.
To this end we offer the following resources:
Submitting Your Event
Please read the following guidelines before proceeding to the events submission page.
- To be considered for listing the event must be fiddle-focused (such as a contest, fiddle-oriented festival, fiddle camp, jam session, old-time square dance, etc.).
- It must be open to the public.
- Preference is given to events that do not charge admission or entry fees to fiddlers and their accompanists (with the exception of camps, workshops and the like). In some instances this may disqualify an event from participation in the calendar.
- It must take place take place in Missouri or a state bordering on Missouri.
- We reserve the right to reject or remove any submissions without cause or justification.
- This is a public calendar, anyone on the planet can see it, so best not list your next backyard BBQ unless you want 500 hungry, free-loading fiddlers there.
Submit your calendar event via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Missouri Fiddling on Facebook
MSOTFA maintains a group page on Facebook called Missouri Fiddling on Facebook. It is an open group so feel free to join and then post your contest information and poster/flyer on our page. The page currently has over 1000 active members and many are fiddlers or people who attend fiddle contests.
We offer the following items for download. We highly recommend that all contest organizers download and read our Guide to Running a Fiddle Contest.